Valentines Day 2013

Yesterday was the best Valentines Day so far! David had to go to school early, and didn't get home until late, but we still made the best of it! Gratton and I hung out all day and did some fun stuff. Gratton gave me my first gift of the day when he slept in until 11am. I didn't even know what to do with myself. I started on school work but then decided that it was Valentines Day, so I was taking the day off! So I made some pink rice crispy treats for our neighbors instead. Then my little guy woke up! We had a fun day! First we filled out and colored on some Valentines Day cards for his Rose cousins, since we hadn't done that yet! Then we read some books, played with some toys, ate some food and did what he loves best- watched Toy Story! I had a Drs appointment at 3:30 that David said he was coming home for. He called though to tell me that he wasn't going to be able to make it because he had more school work than he thought. I was kinda bummed, cause I was looking forward to seeing him and giving him his card and stuff. I decided not to get mad though since school is supposed to come first for the next few years. Gratton was still watching Toy Story at this time, so I laid down for a cat nap. (I need those since I'm pregnant!) Well about five minutes after I hung up with David, I feel Gratton nudging my leg to wake me. He does this when he needs a snack or something, or just wants me awake. I opened my eyes and it's not Gratton! It's that punk of a husband of mine who likes to yank my chain! He was never planning on staying on campus, he just wanted to make me sad so that he could surprise me! He's standing there with flowers, chocolate and a card! I was so mad and happy at the same time. Especially that he got me flowers! Because the night before he was whining about how much flowers cost, so I said- it's okay then don't get me any. He really loves trying to make me mad so that later he can make me happy. Punk. BECAUSE I TRY SO HARD TO BE AN EASY WIFE! I try not getting upset when he is intentionally trying to get me mad?! Men! But it was the best surprise. So. Point David I guess? Butthead. So I put the roses in water and read the card, which was super sweet, and told him thank you. While I was telling David what a butthead he was for putting me on an emotional roller coaster while I'm pregnant and already emotional, and he's laughing and super proud of himself, our little guy took the opportunity to get into the unattended chocolates! I turn around and he's got the top off and is touching each piece of chocolate! He's gotta feel each one to decide if it's going to be tasty I guess! I started busting up and made David get his phone out and take pictures. Then we gave Gratton his Valentines Day chocolates, and Gratton and I gave Daddy his card and candy too. I made David this awesome card on shutterfly, with this free code I got, but it said 2012 on it! I didn't realize the format I chose was from last year... I blame it on pregnancy brain! David laughed but loved it anyways. We got Gratton this little Spongebob box of chocolates. He liked mine better, but that's okay cause I liked his too! We went to the doctors and sent Dad back to school. He had a test (yes on Valentines Day!) so we knew we weren't going to get to have dinner with him. We went back to hanging out and doing our thing, and David went back to campus to study for his Discrete Math test. I did laundry and Gratton watched Blues Clues. I was wondering what I was going to make us for dinner, when I decided on nothing! I told Gratton- we're going to Subway for dinner! He doesn't understand Subway as subway though, you have to say store instead. You see, in our wee little town of Rexburg, ID WalMart is the cheapest place to shop usually, so he knows store as Wal-Mart. And he knows that there's a Subway at Wal-Mart. He also knows that our Subway sells Icees! So what I actually said was- we're going to the store for dinner, and he yelled "Icee!" I said, "yup buddy, let's go!" Mommy son date for Valentines Day! Since I have Celiac's disease, I can only eat their salads, but the chopped double chicken salad is awesome! I love it! And you know, strangely enough, Subway was not busy on Valentines Day! I guess it's not considered romantic or something? It was perfect for us though, because we could go to the toy isle after eating! We ate our food and then went to do our shopping. I wasn't in a hurry, so I let him go play with the toys in the toy isles. Some people might say you're not supposed to let your kids play with the toys, but I am pretty sure that if that were the case, the toy companies wouldn't put them out half open, fully loaded with batteries and at just the right height for the child of target age to grab them. Trust me, they want you to let your kids play with the toys! Even families without much extra money somehow end up with those toys at home sooner or later. Funny how that works... I do have a rule though that I don't buy toys when Gratton is with me though, so he doesn't always ask to buy everything. Sometimes I break that rule, but not usually! Anyway, back on track here- Gratton is playing with toys, when he sees the pink trike. Yup, they have assembled bikes in the store, just his size. He picked the pink one, he always goes for the pink stuff! He followed me around the store in that trike while I finished shopping. I wouldn't normally let him do that, but the store was empty and he was so excited about the trike! So we rode around and got the stuff we needed and killed time until David was going to be home. We timed it perfectly too, David pulled into the driveway right after we did, so he could bring in groceries! He did good on his test, so he was in an awesome mood! I like when he does well on his tests! We were both pretty tired though, so we just cuddled and caught up on some TV shows we hadn't watched in a while. All in all, it was a great day! Next year will be even better, because we will have our little girl to celebrate with too!

Comments

  1. I don't know why there are links in my post... I didn't put them there, so don't click on them. I'll have to ask David how to fix that....

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a nice way to make the most of your Valentine's.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Health update, a big one

Tidbits from today

Part 2 July 10,2022