Minnesota Dr Amateau- Part 2

I just saw Dr. Amateau, and it went well. He upped my Creon (pancreatic enzymes) dose by 50% and then put me on another new med too. He ordered an MRCP with secretin (to see my pancreas and ducts), and labs. I just got finished with the labs, and now we're waiting at the pharmacy for the new medicine.

The nurses are setting up the MRCP, and the Dr said we should be able to get it done today. I'm hoping we can, since our flight leaves tomorrow morning. After he gets the tests done, he said he'll have a better idea of what to do next.

So for now- Increase pancreatic enzymes, take new medicine for pancreas, and labs and imaging. Also I have to have my primary care Dr follow up with my blood sugar problems, and to have a stricter low fat diet. The paper I was given by the hospital when I got pancreatitis said that I didn't have to be on a low fat diet, if I was on pancreatic enzymes. I guess I need the enzymes and a low fat diet.

If I have another flare up with elevated enzymes, or if he sees some stuff on the MRI (dilated ducts, and some other medical terms I forgot) he said he'll want an ERCP.  He said he's glad I haven't already had lots of invasive procedures, and that Dr's have been "gentle" with me, even if some have "dropped the ball" in other areas. He said that sometimes people come in and he can't tell what problems were caused by the Dr's procedure, and what problems were there originally.
I'm glad that I at now have a Dr who understands how to prescribe the pancreatic enzymes and sees patients like me every day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Health update, a big one

Tidbits from today

Part 2 July 10,2022