I was right

 I haven't posted updates since surgery cause I have been sick but knew everyone would be expecting news that I was all better. I myself was annoyed that I am not all better. I was right though. My liver is inflammed.

I'm assuming it's the lupus and it's time to be back on those meds. They took me off them in Dec 2019 for kidney surgery, and then one of my Drs told me I probably never had lupus, so I didn't push getting back on the lupus meds after surgery. My Utah lupus Dr dropped me anyways at the end of Dec when I got Medicare. But maybe he's wrong. Lupus can cause liver issues.
I am still waiting for the Dr who ran the tests to call and say what I should do about the liver numbers. I only saw them cause he finally checked them, and so then the results get released to the patient on the patient portal. My experience has given me reason to bet they call and say everything is good, if they do call. Hopefully I am wrong.
Now that I'm back in Idaho though, I see my blood Dr today, so maybe he can get me back on the lupus meds. He and my Idaho Lupus Dr used to tag team treat me since Lupus Dr is 4 hrs away in Boise. I'll call the lupus Dr too, see how long it'll take to get in to see him. Hopefully he didnt retire since I left.
But why do Drs never believe me until the numbers get so high. I told them last month it felt like my liver. They always assume you're full of it... Or I am being cynical. But it's hard not to be when nobody believes you.. It'll turn you batty, that's for sure.

And I shouldn't say nobody believes me. The pain Dr believed I was still in pain and said he'd keep treating me. I just don't want to only treat the pain. I want to know the cause, treat the cause and get better. I don't want pain meds. But that is all that Dr can offer. And he knows I am not an addict and said I am safe to be on them long term since I am so careful with them. But I still don't want the pain pills. I just don't want to be in pain. Endless cycle. Nobody can fix the pain. And pains too bad to do daily living. But pain pills are addictive and stop working. But if I know it's liver pain, I can ask them to do the celiac plexus block maybe. It used to help for my pancreatitis. I think it helps liver pain too. And it lasts like 2 months. I see him tomorrow and can ask about it then. I do know I'll need to stop taking tylenol. That's bad for liver inflammation, it makes it worse. And maybe I should've stopped taking them on like Oct 10th, since they ran labs on the 7th. But nobody looks at my labs until Oct 21st, so I didn't know, and I've been daily taking tylenol for the side pain which is my liver. Now I am just laughing. This is why I hate health care. I can't be my own freaking Dr, yet it feels like I always have to be. They still would not have checked my labs if I didn't ask them to yesterday.
There's my rant, and I'll try to get a better attitude and keep you updated. Maybe my next post will say how amazing Drs are and that they care now that my liver is in inflamed haha. But probably not... I am going to go buy a Dr Pepper. That makes everything better.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Health update, a big one

Tidbits from today

Part 2 July 10,2022